The last session of the conference was the best, if you ask us. A packed room participated in our recording of the podcast by sharing their “one thing” that paid for their trip. We asked for specifics – what is one thing you are taking back home and implementing?
Thirty-two brave souls raised their hand and grabbed the mic from the well known Steve Milo & Andrew McConnell to the newbies we hadn’t met yet. Many thanks to all who contributed.
A sampling of the takeaways?
- Attend your City Council meetings because whether you like it or not, they have a perception of you. Be there to curate it.
- Remind & Repeat – say the facts over and over in marketing
- Currently 70% of guests don’t remember the property management company where they stayed – add in branding to the property and all you do so your guests remember you and book direct next time!
- Share good reviews with owners, not just bad ones.
- Have a weekly revenue meeting with other staff – marketing, accounting, owner relations, and reservations.